Saturday, March 19, 2011

Why I Love Photos

I love photos. I love taking photos, I love editing photos, I love looking through photos. I LOVE PHOTOS!

Why this obsession you ask? 

It's because I believe photos tell the story of our lives in a way no words or second-hand accounts ever could. 

This was never more acutely obvious than when my sister died.  In the days after her sudden death, my Mom, Dad & I, spent hours upon hours digging through old shoe boxes and scrapbooks, pouring over countless photos of Kendra, in all of her life's stages.

There were the baby pics, symbolizing the hope every parent has for their newborn child.  There were childhood photos, taken by proud parents watching their child win awards and participate in school functions. There were photos from the days when Cancer crept in & dominated the scene, stealing Kendra's childhood innocence, but not her smile!  There were photos of family vacations, girl's trips, camp stays and sleepovers, proof that life does go on & it's important to live it.  There were photos of Kendra as a proud sister, always happy for her younger sister, especially on my Wedding Day when she caught the bouquet & danced the night away!  This collaboration of photos, taken over several decades, brought out every emotion we had inside of us - sadness, happiness, regret, thankfulness, sorrow and joy.

That is why I love photos!  And, that is why I started 'Pixels by Erin'. 

I look forward to helping you capture the story of your life...in pixels!

My Family, 1985


Celebrating Everything, Erin - Pixels by Erin


2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. Pictures tell a great story. They are just our frozen moments in time and I love going back and seeing the changes and for everyone with babies....take 1000's. They change so fast. For all of us you never know when it will be your last one. So hang on to those memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Erin! I am excited to read your blogs, and enjoy every photo:-) There is something powerful about sharing on our blogs, it gets so many feelings, thoughts out. And so many enjoy reading the stories we share. Have fun!
    Hugs,
    Terra

    ReplyDelete